On the Golf Course
Junior golf is just part of First Tee. Through our program that strengthens character, kids will learn life skills that stay with them into the rest of their lives, like:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
First Tee is moving from our current skills-based programs to age-based.
- We will no longer use levels (PLAYer, PAR, Birdie or Eagle) to determine placement
- Students will register and be placed in a program based on their age. The age groupings will be 7-9, 10-11, 12-13. 14+
- Kids will progress through these levels based on their age and celebrate achievements and skill progression by earning badges.
Classes will be broken up as follows:
- 7-9: Early Elementary School-Aged
- 10-11: Older Elementary School-Aged/Early Adolescence
- 12-13: Middle School/Early Adolescence
- 14+: High School/Middle Adolescence (*still enrolled in high school)
By delivering our program to participants of the same age range, our goal is to create programs and experiences that are just as fun as they are meaningful, where kids feel excited to grow, safe to fail, ad better equipped for whatever comes their way next.